April 27, 2009

Seaweed Crackers


Today I went to Giant for my groceries,  I'm so craving for crackers then I saw this Nori on sale & I decided to buy & thought I would eat it while watching TV tonight.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen cuz I remember I had a recipe for Nori.   This recipe was given by my Japanese neigbour.  It's so sample & would like to share this recipe to my friends but I've to warn you that this is very addictive as you'll keep munching will frying them....so, enjoy & have a great day!

Ingredients:
1 packet of Nori Seaweed
1 packet of spring rolls
Some sesame oil
A tiny sprinkle of salt & pepper ~ per piece of seaweed
1 egg white

Directions:
  1. Spring roll skins peel them apart nicely.  Don’t separate them all at once as they tend to dry out.
  2. With a brush, spread egg whites on one piece of spring roll skin.   Lay seaweed on top.   Rub some sesame oil, salt & pepper on seaweed.   Brush another piece of spring roll skin with egg white & lay it on top of the seaweed, preferably covering the entire piece of seaweed.   Repeat for all ingredients.
  3. Cut into any shape or roll like a Swiss roll.   Heat up oil & deep fry till golden brown &crispy in batches.    Separate the pieces which stick to one another.    Cool till the batches feel lukewarm before storing in an air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment